USAID Subaward Management
|Early - Feb 01||Regular - Feb 22||Late - Mar 15|
This two-day workshop provides participants with best practices, useful tools, and guidance to manage subawards. With many NGOs implementing USAID-funded projects with a subaward component, development practitioners working on these projects must understand the nuances in roles and responsibilities while complying with donor rules and regulations and achieving program objectives. If you are responsible for implementing, managing, and monitoring subawards, this participatory-style workshop will support you as you address the day-to-day challenges in administering such assistance.
Note: Participants at the workshop will earn 15.6 CPE credits and receive a certificate of attendance. The course level is Basic. The delivery method of this program is Group Live and the Field of Study is Specialized Knowledge.
Humentum is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.
Who Should Attend
Designed to benefit staff that are responsible for managing and monitoring subawards, the topics covered are especially useful for staff with responsibility in:
- Finance, grants, and contracts
What You Will Learn
The workshop teaches participants to select and monitor subawardees in a manner that minimizes risk while optimizing program effectiveness. You will learn how to:
- Utilize effective approaches to assessing and selecting partners
- Choose the appropriate funding mechanism
- Implement productive partner engagement strategies
- Monitor program outputs, progress, and performance
- Manage subaward management risks specific to USAID funding
The delivery method of this program is Group Live. We share tools and techniques that can be immediately used in your work.
- Course Objectives & Plan for the Day
Introduction to Subawards
- What are Subawards
- Purpose of Subawards
Risk in Subawards
- Types of risk
- Identifying risk
- Managing risk
- Purpose of pre-award assessments
- Components of pre-award assessments
- Mechanism for competitive awards
- Plan for the Day
- Sub-agreements and subgrants
- Fixed amount subawards
Selection of Subrecipients
- Criteria for selecting subrecipients
- Components of financial management system
- Managing advances
- Elements of good financial managements
- Purpose of monitoring
- Issues to monitor
- Risk indicator
- Managing risk through monitoring
- Options for monitoring
- Inventory management
- Lessons learned, results dissemination
- Wrap Up and Certificates
Boma Hotel Nairobi
Participants are responsible for making their own hotel/lodging arrangements.
Boma Hotel Nairobi
Red Cross Road off Mombasa Road
Email Masha Kalama <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Please make sure you mention the InsideNGO workshop in order to qualify for the negotiated rates: $200 USD for a single, $255 USD for a double room.