USAID Proposal Development: Research, Budgeting & Submission
|Early - Aug 28||Regular - Sep 11||Late - Oct 02|
This online learning opportunity is designed to provide participants with the practical tools, resources, and guidance needed to submit quality proposals to USAID. NGOs need team members who know how USAID works as an awarding agency, who can effectively manage the proposal process at the country office level, and who understand the processes and challenges of responding to RFAs and RFPs in the home office. Delivered online, the workshop mirrors the typical proposal development process that requires collaboration of a geographically dispersed team and includes a deep dive into the budget development process, often one of the most challenging aspects of preparing a proposal.
This version of the workshop is entirely online and takes place over the course of seven weeks. The training approach is similar to a participatory face-to-face workshop, and the learning includes content from two popular face-to-face workshops: USAID Proposal Development: From RFA/RFP to Proposal and Cost Proposal: How to Build the Budget. Regular internet access and the ability to participate in team activities throughout the work week are ingredients for success in the eWorkshop.
Who Should Attend
In addition to individual participants, Humentum encourages teams of employees to attend this workshop together. Staff who will benefit include:
- Finance staff who want to enhance their proposal writing or review skills
- Program staff—at HQ and in the field—who work on new business development
- Business development staff who are seeking to improve their teams’ processes and systems
- Administrative staff who are interested in how they can support the proposal writing process
What You Will Learn
This workshop explores the end-to-end proposal development process for USAID funding opportunities. You will learn how to:
- Identify funding opportunities that are viable and align with your organizational mission
- Analyze RFAs and RFPs from technical and cost perspectives
- Submit fully responsive proposals using the format of the USAID Request for Application/Request for Proposal (RFA/RFP)
- Develop an action plan to enhance the business development process within your organization, including anticipating solicitations and planning proposals
The Inside NGO Advantage
For 40 years, Humentum has been “inside” the NGO community, supporting organizations as they address the world’s most pressing social issues. We are widely recognized as the leader in US government assistance compliance training. Our training activities are designed to help you and your organization build capacity, strengthen decision-making, develop more efficient systems, and identify effective solutions to important challenges. Our learning programs are modeled on the best practices in adult learning. In today’s complex operating environment, learning has never been more important, and we take great pride in being your partner in professional and organizational development.
This eWorkshop takes place over the course of seven weeks. Each week, participants can expect to dedicate 3-5 hours to the workshop. Participation is entirely online, and participants can choose when to spend time on the workshop as long as weekly activities (individual assignments and team projects) are completed on time.
|1||Welcome to the workshop
· Building our learning community
· USAID and proposal writing overview
|2-3||Research and pre-positioning
· What to do before the RFA/RFP
· Identifying good funding opportunities
|4-6||The proposal development process
· Budget and budget narrative development
· Alignment of technical proposal and budget
· Final tips, guidance, and Q&A