USAID Proposal Development: An Introduction
|Early - Apr 23||Regular - May 14||Late - Jun 04|
This two-day workshop provides an overview of the US Government proposal process. In today’s competitive NGO environment, practitioners who know how to put together a winning proposal are in great demand. This course prepares you to contribute effectively to the proposal development process by enhancing your understanding of USAID solicitations (RFAs and RFPs), the proposal design and review process, partnership management, and budgeting for proposals. You will return to your job eager to apply your new knowledge, tools, and skills.
Who Should Attend
In addition to individual participants, InsideNGO encourages teams of employees to attend this workshop together. Staff who will benefit include:
- Finance staff who play a role in proposal writing or review, including finance officers, controllers, accountants, and compliance managers
- Program staff—at HQ and in the field—who work on new business development
- New business development staff who would like to enhance their NGO’s processes and systems for responding to proposals
What You Will Learn
- This workshop explores the design, development, and management of the proposal development process for USAID funding solicitations. You will learn how to:
- Navigate the proposal application cycle for USAID solicitations of opportunities for acquisition funding (e.g., contracts) and assistance funding (e.g., grants, cooperative agreements)
- Analyze a USAID solicitation
- Anticipate and track upcoming solicitations by knowing where, when, and how to look for USAID funding leads
- Lead go/no-go discussions, form teams, and develop a proposal work plan and deliverables checklist
- Manage the development and review of the technical approach and budget to ensure the proposal is complete and responsive
- Manage the proposal submission and lessons learned (i.e., debrief) processes
The InsideNGO Advantage
For more than 35 years, InsideNGO has been “inside” the NGO community, supporting organizations as they address the world’s most pressing social issues. We are widely recognized as the leader in US government assistance compliance training. Our training activities are designed to help you and your organization build capacity, strengthen decision-making, develop more efficient systems, and identify effective solutions to important challenges. Our learning programs are modeled on the best practices in adult learning. In today’s complex operating environment, learning has never been more important, and we take great pride in being your partner in professional and organizational development.
Participants are responsible for making and paying for their own hotel/lodging arrangements.
1120 20th St NW
Suite 520S (Building 1)
Washington, DC 20036
The nearest Metro stop to the workshop is Farragut West on the Blue/Orange/Silver lines or Farragut North on the Red line.
We have found that www.hotels.com usually offers comparable or even lower rates than we are able to negotiate. We recommend attendees look for hotels in the Dupont Circle neighborhood. Check out some suggestions for convenient hotels.