|Early - Sep 29||Regular - Oct 20||Late - Nov 10|
Humentum is pleased to announce the first offering of PYXERA Global’s Tri-Sector Partnership Workshop.
This half-day workshop takes participants through some of the fundamental concepts underpinning quality partnerships. The goal of this training is to help individuals in the public, private, and social sectors inspire and implement successful partnerships. You will leave with tools and templates in-hand, and with the insight and inspiration to forge strong collaborations with partners at other organizations that have different operating cultures and motivations. Core components of the workshop include:
- Citizen Diplomacy: What does it mean to connect with individuals on the person-to-person level?
- Global Fluency: How do you ask the right questions to know what you don’t know?
- Bias & Stereotypes: Why is it important to acknowledge the pre-conceived notions we bring to the table about different sectors and organizational cultures?
- Real-World Simulation: Who has a seat at the table? Who is involved in a partnership project and what role does each person and each organization play in driving project success? Which tools for collaboration can you use to facilitate new partnerships or strengthen existing partnerships?
I’ve participated in the partnership workshop with PYXERA Global twice with diverse audiences representing different geographies, sectors, and experiences. The workshop creatively pushes participants to break out of long-held assumptions, encouraging us all to walk a mile in others’ shoes, ultimately in service of being a more thoughtful partner. I have heard global NGOs and corporations express many “a-ha moments” about partnerships that they then bring back into their jobs.
Justin Bakule, Executive Director
Shared Value Initiative
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
In addition to individual participants, Humentum and PYXERA Global encourage teams of employees to attend this workshop together, to develop a common organizational approach to partnering. Those who will benefit from attending this workshop include:
- Individuals who are new to cross-sector partnerships. You will learn how you can develop a partnership mindset and how to use that mindset to overcome potential challenges that may arise in a partnership project.
- Seasoned partnership relationship and project managers. You will acquire new tools and insights that you can adapt to support existing partnerships, incorporate into onboarding for new team members and partners, and/or incorporate into future partnership project design frameworks.
- Team members across departments that support partnership projects. You will experience a partnership project case study and understand the different issues that affect project success. Programs, operations, compliance, finance, and country offices all play a role in building successful cross-sector partnerships and partnership projects.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
Participants will walk away with new insights and inspiration to:
- Build partnerships between organizations and across sectors
- Identify and overcome conscious and unconscious biases to forge strong collaborations with partners that have different operating cultures and motivations than your own
- Use new frameworks to engage in meaningful and effective partnerships with other organizations and within your own organization.
ABOUT PYXERA GLOBAL
PYXERA Global is dedicated to cross-sector collaborative action to solve complex problems. With over a quarter century of experience in more than 90 countries, PYXERA Global has discovered that tri-sector partnership is the only path to sustainable and scalable social impact. The Tri-Sector Partnership Workshop has been facilitated with nearly 500 diverse leaders from the public, private, and social sectors, and has been offered at major events including the Shared Value Initiative Leadership Summit (May, 2016); the LINGOs Global Learning Forum (September, 2016); and the SwitchPoint IntraHealth Summit (April, 2017).
THE INSIDE NGO ADVANTAGE
For 40 years, Humentum has been “inside” the NGO community, supporting organizations as they address the world’s most pressing social issues. We are widely recognized as the leader in US government assistance compliance training. Our training activities are designed to help you and your organization build capacity, strengthen decision-making, develop more efficient systems, and identify effective solutions to important challenges. Our learning programs are modeled on the best practices in adult learning. In today’s complex operating environment, learning has never been more important, and we take great pride in being your partner in professional and organizational development.
- Welcome with quick intro on PYXERA Global and Humentum
- Participant Introductions
- Ball Pit Exercise
- Introduction to Citizen Diplomacy and Global Fluency
- Exploring Bias and Stereotypes
- Interactive Case Simulation (80 min)
- Debrief and Review Partnership Tools
LOCATION & HOTEL
1120 20th St, NW
Washington, DC 20036
The nearest Metro stop to the workshop is Farragut North or Dupont Circle on the Red Line. Find a map of the DC metro system here.
Participants are responsible for making and paying for their own hotel/lodging arrangements. We have found that www.hotels.com usually offers comparable or even lower rates than we are able to negotiate. We recommend attendees look for hotels in the Dupont Circle neighborhood. Check out some suggestions for convenient hotels.