Treasury Management for International NGOs
Treasury Management for International NGOs:
Jun 19 2019 - 9:30am - Jun 19 2019 - 4:30pm
Location: Bonn , Germany
In the volatile economic and funding environment of the last few years, many international NGOs have been focusing on enhancing and improving their treasury management practices.
At this event, we will explore:
- How international NGOs are managing their cashflow and liquidity requirements, especially in the light of increasing pre-financing requirements within the sector, and changing donor requirements
- How international NGOs are dealing with the regulatory requirements in global banking and global cash transfers, and how they are handling sanctions, anti-terrorism requirements and other transaction risks in global banking
- Practices which have developed with respect to foreign exchange management, how well they are working and how foreign exchange risks are being managed and controlled
Sessions will include:
- Treasury management for INGOs: actively managing your cash
- Cashflow management and managing liquidity risks
- Foreign exchange management
- Banking for international NGOs
There will also be a range of breakout sessions:
- Choosing and implementing a treasury management system
- The key elements of an effective treasury function
- Donor and funding compliance: managing the financial risks associated with funding contracts, grants and agreements
- Choosing and managing banking relationships (including overseas)
- Hedging foreign exchange risks
Participants will be able to choose two breakout sessions to attend.
Our speakers will include experienced treasury practitioners from a range of international NGOs, who bring a wealth of knowledge and expertise in this area. There will also be opportunities for questions, discussions and breakout sessions on specific topics.
Speakers and contributors include:
• Andrew Derry, Humentum Associate, and ex-Treasurer at Save the Children International
• Stefan Jahn, Head, Finance, Accounting and Controlling, Welthungerhilfe
• Annemarie Moore, Director of Plan Treasury Services, Plan International
• Ashwin Ramji, Global Assistant Treasurer, World Vision International
• Glen Uren, Treasury Manager, Marie Stopes International
• Martin Vogt, Global Head, Sanctions Policy and Governance, Deutsche Bank AG
Who is this event for?
Senior finance and treasury professionals responsible in at least part of their role for the treasury function of their organization.
Thanks to the generosity of our sponsors, INTL FCSTone, the event will be free of charge to attendees.