Training of Trainers
|Early - Dec 04||Regular - Jan 14|
This course is designed to help individuals and organizations improve course design and facilitation skills to deliver more impactful training and capacity building activities. If you have been seeking an opportunity to explore and practice training design and delivery techniques that will make you a more effective trainer, look no further—this workshop is for you. As an added incentive to attend: Our expert trainers deliver this training in a highly participatory style, and will adapt the content as needed to reflect your specific interests and learning priorities.
- Professionals who wish to develop their training design and facilitation skills
- Experienced trainers who are looking to enhance their existing skills
This course presents the tools and techniques you need to be a high-performing training/capacity building professional. Through a combination of facilitated discussion based on your specific needs and challenges, as well as group exercises, games, and illustrated presentations, you will be able to:
- Create learning objectives and a session plan for a training session
- Develop effective resource materials to support the learning process
- Facilitate multiple interactive and participatory training techniques
- Demystify technical concepts and information
- Deliver a participatory-style training session that builds skills and knowledge
- Recognize different adult learning styles and how they impact course design
- Demonstrate to your colleagues that technical training is more effective when a practical, participatory approach is used
Our training puts the learner at the center, using practical and fun learning activities supported by easy-to-use materials. We share tools and techniques that can be immediately used in your work.
Effective Course Design
- The Training Cycle
- Five Key Questions in Course Design
- Do - Know - Feel Learning Objectives
- Inject life into your training with 'CPR'!
- Practical Design and Deliver Content Using CPR
Effective Course Delivery
- The Training Cycle
- Helping you Learners Learn - Learning Styles
- Helping your Learners Learn - How the Brain Works
- Demystifying Technical Terms and Concepts
- How to avoid 'death by PowerPoint' - The Art of the Flipchart
Practice Makes Perfect!
- Presentation Practice and Feedback
- Summary and Action Planning
|Location & Hotel
1120 20th St NW
Washington, DC 20036
The nearest Metro stop to the workshop is Farragut North on the Red Line. Find a map of the DC metro system here.
Participants are responsible for making and paying for their own hotel/lodging arrangements. We have found that www.hotels.com usually offers comparable or even lower rates than we are able to negotiate. We recommend attendees look for hotels in the Dupont Circle neighborhood. Check out some suggestions for convenient hotels.