Procurement Planning & Execution: USAID Grants & Cooperative Agreements
|Early - Jul 09||Regular - Jul 30||Late - Aug 23|
This two-day workshop tackles the rewards and risks involved in executing procurements in USAID-funded assistance programs. Well-planned, well-executed procurement contributes to effective and compliant programming. Poor understanding of processes and procedures in this area raises the risk of funder audits and compliance reviews. If you want to learn more about how to develop and implement the right mix of procurement procedures, systems, and controls, this workshop is for you. Designed in a highly participatory style, the course provides you with the knowledge and tools you need to effectively manage all aspects of procurement that are typically required in project implementation.
This course is one of three required to earn Humentum’s Certificate in USAID Assistance Management.
USAID Rules & Regulations: Grants & Cooperative Agreements
Who Should Attend
In addition to individual participants, Humentum encourages teams of employees to attend this workshop together, to build and reinforce a culture of effective procurement planning. Those who will benefit include staff with responsibility in:
- Procurement (including those who develop procurement budgets and those who implement, monitor and report on procurement)
- Finance, compliance, and audit
- Program and administration
- New business development
What You Will Learn
This workshop explores ways to plan and implement procurement tools and systems effectively under both normal and unusual circumstances. You will learn how to:
- Plan procurement based on programmatic needs
- Navigate through each of the key steps in the procurement process including establishing specifications of goods; requesting and evaluating bids; selecting vendors; ensuring quality in procurement; and documenting the procurement process
- Identify and reduce organizational risks related to procurement execution
- Establish processes to ensure compliance with USAID requirements, including full and open competition, prior approvals, waivers, and restrictions on goods and services
- Manage revisions to the budget and other changes that affect procurement including budget reductions, revised specifications, price fluctuations, and procurement in disaster situations
The Inside NGO Advantage
For 40 years, Humentum has been “inside” the NGO community, supporting organizations as they address the world’s most pressing social issues. We are widely recognized as the leader in US government assistance compliance training. Our training activities are designed to help you and your organization build capacity, strengthen decision-making, develop more efficient systems, and identify effective solutions to important challenges. Our learning programs are modeled on the best practices in adult learning. In today’s complex operating environment, learning has never been more important, and we take great pride in being your partner in professional and organizational development.
Participants at the workshop will earn 15.6 CPE credits and receive a certificate of attendance. The course level is Basic. The delivery method of this program is Group Live and the Field of Study is Specialized Knowledge.
Humentum is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.
Opening and Review of Agenda and Objective
Review/Update for USAID Rules and Regulations on Procurement
Why Procurement Planning and Execution?
Procurement Plan Development – Introduction
Procurement Plan Development Based on a Proposal Budget
Manage Procurement with Budget Revisions
Prior Approval and Waivers
Fair and Open Competition:
- Bid Evaluations and Selecting a Vendor
- Preferred Vendors
- Sole Source
- Non-competitive Procurements
- Cultural Issues
- Equipment Specifications
- Purchase Orders
- Procurement Files
- Develop a Tender Document
- Procurement in Disaster Situations
- Contents of Manuals
- Procurement Procedures
- Checklists and Forms
- Procurement Planning Form
Participants are responsible for making their own hotel/lodging arrangements.
Landmark Amman Hotel & Conference Center
Al Shareef Hussein St
Click here for directions to Landmark Amman Hotel & Conference Center from Queen Alia International Airport.