PMD Pro I: The Essentials of Project Management
|Early - Aug 14||Regular - Sep 04||Late - Sep 25|
PMD Pro 1 is a globally recognized project management certification for development professionals. This three-day, high-impact workshop gives you the skills you need to effectively initiate, plan, execute, and close out projects. Delivering your project on scope, on time, and on budget requires specific knowledge that is first learned and then refined through practice. This workshop, taught by an experienced team in a participatory style, has been highly rated by thousands of practitioners who have completed the course and been successfully certified. As one attendee noted, “This course is desperately needed in our industry. I was hoping that the content would really be relevant to us. It was!”
Who Should Attend
In addition to individual participants, Humentum encourages teams of employees to attend this workshop together. You are invited to bring current work projects to which you can apply the new concepts taught in the workshop. Staff who will benefit from attending this workshop include:
- Individuals who are new to project management. You will gain a solid foundation in internationally accepted project management concepts, terminology, tools, and techniques.
- Seasoned practitioners who already have some experience. This is an opportunity to hone your skills through small group work, and learn from peers working in other NGOs who face similar challenges in their jobs.
- Team members who work in other functional areas of an NGO. You will learn the best practices in project management and gain a clearer picture of your role within a project.
What You Will Learn
You will learn how to:
- Organize your work in a way that will make you more effective
- Articulate what is in your project scope, what is out of scope, and why
- Develop an accurate schedule and employ techniques to effectively manage it
- Identify, analyze, and engage stakeholders
- Define roles and responsibilities for your project team
- Assess project risks and develop strategies for responding
PMD Pro 1 is the first level of the project management certification program for practitioners working in the development sector. To take the PMD Pro 1 certification exam, offered on the third day of the program, you will need to bring a laptop with the ability to connect to Wi-Fi.
Participants at the workshop will earn 19.5 CPE credits and receive a certificate of attendance. The course level is Basic. The delivery method of this program is Group Live and the Field of Study is Specialized Knowledge.
Humentum is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.
Introductions and Expectations
Course objectives & workshop overview
Project Management in the Development Sector
Phase 1 – Project Identification and Design
Phase 2 – Project Set Up
Phase 3 – Project Planning
Review of Day 1 by PRACTICE test
Phase 3 – Project Planning
Phase 4 – Project Implementation
Review of Day 2 by PRACTICE test
Phase 5 – Monitoring, Evaluation and Control
Phase 6 – End of Project Transition
Review of Day 3 by PRACTICE test
PMD PRO CERTIFICATION TEST
1120 20th St NW
Washington DC 20036
The nearest Metro stop to the workshop is Farragut West on the Blue Line. Find a map of the DC metro system here.
Participants are responsible for making and paying for their own hotel/lodging arrangements. We have found that www.hotels.com usually offers comparable or even lower rates than we are able to negotiate. We recommend attendees look for hotels in the Dupont Circle neighborhood. Check out some suggestions for convenient hotels.