Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning in 2019
We are pleased to present a range of learning options in the discipline of Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) for 2019.
- MEAL DPro Flex training course
- MEAL DPro Massive Open Online Course
- MEAL DPro free online learning modules (8)
- Grow your profile
The increasing number of humanitarian crises today, combined with shrinking funding and the complex nature of development work, has led to a greater demand for program effectiveness in the NGO sector. Managers who lead activities in the field—project managers, technical experts, and others—are critical to improving project effectiveness through rigorous monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning. Yet too often they lack the skills and training support to help them succeed in this area. Watch the video above to find out more about MEAL.
Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) DPro Flex
This online course gives you the skills you need to effectively design, plan, and manage MEAL systems for development and relief projects. The course provides learners an introduction to the essential learning, skills and tools of monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning. It was created by NGOs for NGOs, to improve MEAL skills across the humanitarian and development sectors.
Brought to you by Humentum, this 8-week online course gives you the skills you need. Participants will learn how to:
- Design logic models that later become the foundations of MEAL in projects. These tools include the Theory of Change, Results Frameworks, and Logical Frameworks (logframes).
- Plan for MEAL using practical tools that include Performance Management Plans, Indicator Performance Tracking Tables, Summary Evaluation Tables, Evaluation Terms of Reference, Feedback-and-Response Mechanisms, Learning Plans and Communications Plans.
- Collect MEAL data by using well-designed qualitative and quantitative data collection tools, appropriate sampling methods, and recommended data management practices.
- Analyze MEAL data by using quantitative (descriptive and inferential) statistics and qualitative methods to analyze, interpret and visualize MEAL data.
- Use MEAL data to inform project decisions, communicate with stakeholders and practice adaptive management.
The 8-week course curriculum will use a combination of assets that include:
- The Guide the MEAL DPro
- MEAL DPro Rise eLearning assets
- 14 Instructional Whiteboard videos
- Contextualized case study materials
- Reflection exercises
- Journaling assignments
- Practice questions for the MEAL DPro exam
Join Humentum and the Humanitarian Leadership Academy for a new online course: Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning for Development Professionals (May 13 – June 7, 2019). The first-ever offering of this 4-week course is being done on a massive scale—the MOOC way! Using Kaya, the Academy’s learning platform, learners will be connected to hundreds of other participants from around the world, working together to build their understanding of MEAL, test their new knowledge in targeted scenarios, and complete the program ready to rejoin their organizations with increased capacity.
Join us—it’s open to everyone and no course fees are applied.
The Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning online learning modules help development and relief professionals measure their project progress and impact more effectively. Brought to you by Humentum and the Humanitarian Leadership Academy, the 8 module eLearning suite is designed for non-MEAL specialists as well as MEAL specialists who are just getting started in their careers.
Each module is designed to address the needs of busy professionals and is accessible when and where you need them. Topics are created by assembling learning assets that may include illustrations, text, interactive activities, downloadable references and resources, and knowledge checks (brief questions designed to keep learners on their toes as they progress through a lesson).
If your organisation is a part of Humentum Learning services, you already have these modules and can start learning right now.
The MEAL DPro program was created through the participation and support of Humentum, Humanitarian Leadership Academy, CRS and PHAP.
Grow your profile in 2019
Join the thousands who receive regular communications from Humentum about our range of training and support activities including networking, convening and consulting. In addition you can also sign up for individual workshop alerts, so you can always be kept in the know when a training workshop is going to be running near you.