Introduction to Compensation Management for NGOs
|Early - Apr 05||Regular - Apr 26||Late - May 17|
This two-day workshop focuses on both the strategy and the mechanics of compensation program development and management. Led by experts who are skilled in developing and managing global nonprofit compensation programs, this course offers opportunities for you to ask questions, learn from your fellow participants, and apply your new skills. Taught in a highly participatory style, this workshop consistently receives high praise from attendees, who say that it is “comprehensive,” “invaluable,” and “excellent.”
Who Should Attend
- Leaders from small and mid-sized NGOs who oversee compensation and need a better understanding of how to manage/integrate compensation programs within their organizations
- Human resources professionals who are responsible for compensation management and who need to learn more about compensation fundamentals to help update or better manage their NGO’s compensation program
What You Will Learn
This workshop is an exploration of compensation program development and management. You will learn how to:
- Assess your organization’s compensation philosophy
- Utilize drivers of pay differentiation to improve your organization’s approach to compensation
- Assess your organization’s current levels of compensation to identify areas of weakness, such as internal equity and pay disparity issues
- Identify various types of salary structures and how alternative pay practices can complement your salary structure
- Link your compensation structure to salary administration procedures
- Communicate compensation strategies and administration to senior leaders, staff, and potential hires
The Inside NGO Advantage
For 40 years, Humentum has been “inside” the NGO community, supporting organizations as they address the world’s most pressing social issues. We are widely recognized as the leader in US government assistance compliance training. Our training activities are designed to help you and your organization build capacity, strengthen decision-making, develop more efficient systems, and identify effective solutions to important challenges. Our learning programs are modeled on the best practices in adult learning. In today’s complex operating environment, learning has never been more important, and we take great pride in being your partner in professional and organizational development.
Participants at the workshop will earn 15.6 CPE credits and receive a certificate of attendance. The course level is Basic. The delivery method of this program is Group Live and the Field of Study is Specialized Knowledge.
Humentum is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.
1120 20th St NW
Washington DC 20036
The nearest Metro stop to the workshop is Farragut West on the Blue Line. Find a map of the DC metro system here.
Participants are responsible for making and paying for their own hotel/lodging arrangements. We have found that www.hotels.com usually offers comparable or even lower rates than we are able to negotiate. We recommend attendees look for hotels in the Dupont Circle neighborhood. Check out some suggestions for convenient hotels.