FMD Pro 1: The Essentials of Financial Management
FMD Pro 1: The Essentials of Financial Management:
Jun 25 2018 - 8:30am - Jun 29 2018 - 5:00pm
Location: Istanbul , Turkey
Offering Organization: Mango
|Early - May 14||Regular - Jun 24||Late - Jun 25|
Welcome and overview
- Introductions, expectations and program overview
Key concepts of financial management
- What is financial management and why is it important for NGOs?
- Structure and governance of NGOs
- Good practice frameworks: Seven principles and four building blocks of financial management
- Financial management systems:the health check approach
- Financial management systems: key organizing tools
- Financial planning process
- Types of budgets and their function
- Practical approaches to building good budgets
- Donor budgets and budget narratives
- Consolidated budgets and core costs
- Cash flow forecasting
- Which records should you keep?
- Practical accounting basics: advances, cash book and petty cash
- The accounting process: cash or accruals
- Producing simple financial reports
- Procurement: process, people and paperwork
- Financial information: who needs what, when and why?
- Understanding financial statements
- Using budget monitoring reports
- Taking action to keep things on track: variances, out of date budgets and exchange rates
- Overview of donor reporting
- The four internal control actions
- The role of audit
- Fighting fraud, bribery and corruption
Summary and close
- Action planning
FMD Pro Level I
Novotel & ibis Istanbul Zeytinburnu
Kazlıçeşme Mah. Kennedy Cad.
No:56 34025 Zeytinburnu / İstanbul
For Hotel Reservations, contact:
Participants are responsible for making their own hotel/lodging arrangements.