DHIS2: New DHIS2 Community of Practice
More than 65 countries around the world and many NGOs are using DHIS2, the open source software platform for reporting, analysis and dissemination of data. The pool of DHIS2 users and implementers is constantly increasing.
The much-anticipated DHIS2 Community of Practice (CoP) will be officially launched on November 29 to respond to the need for a one-stop shop to find relevant DHIS2 resources and information online.
What is the DHIS2 CoP for?
• Discuss your DHIS2 experiences
• Ask questions and get support
• Comment on DHIS2 roadmaps
• Give feedback
• Make connections with others
• Gets news on upcoming events
Discourse is the open source forum platform software that will host the DHIS2 CoP. It enables us to:
- highlight contributors, to recognize significant participants
- build sub-forums for more focused discussions (e.g., Case-based surveillance, CHIS, Security, Mobile)
- reduce duplicate posts by showing related questions, pinned posts, etc.
- add features like FAQ, voting for features or right answers, @mentioning relevant user groups or development teams, analytics on activity.
Please join us on December 6 for a webinar to present the CoP, introduce the admin team, and give a short demonstration of the platform.
Kjerstin Marie Andreasen, CoP Product Manager
James Omutsani, CoP Coordinator
Josephine Mavumbo, CoP Manager