Training of Trainers
Training of Trainers
In this highly participatory workshop designed for trainers in the international development community, we help you improve your skills in course design and facilitation skills to deliver high-impact training activities.
Our expert facilitators will share tools and techniques you need to be a more effective facilitator. Participants will engage in facilitated discussions, group exercises, games and illustrated presentations – then be taken “behind the scenes” of the workshop to learn how to develop course content, manage the training room and adapt to the needs to learners. Participants will return to their office ready to apply course design principles to their technical content.
What will you learn?
By the end of this workshop, learners will be able to:
- Create learning objectives and a session plan for a training session
- Develop effective resource materials to support the learning process
- Facilitate multiple interactive and participatory training techniques
- Demystify technical concepts and information
- Deliver a participatory style training session that builds skills and knowledge
- Recognize different adult learning styles and how they impact course design
- Demonstrate to your colleagues that technical training is more effective when a practical, participatory approach is used.
Who should attend?
This workshop is designed for:
- Professionals who wish to develop their training design and facilitation skills
- Experienced trainers who are looking to enhance their existing skills
- “Accidental trainers” - anyone who becomes responsible for effectively communicating important information at presentations or meetings
If you’re still not sure if this workshop is right for you, feel free to contact us and we can help!
Further HR and Learning Workshops
This workshop falls into Humentum’s HR and Learning capability area offering. This is a selection of workshops where we aim to support Human Resources professionals, and Learning Teams in their critical roles by providing training designed to help them build strong teams and organizations.
If you’re looking to strengthen your team, we also offer the following workshops:
You might also like…
If you’d prefer to stick with trainer development, but with a finance focus, Humentum also has Training for Finance Staff available as an In-House face-to-face workshop. It is specifically designed for finance staff who provide financial management training and support to work colleagues and partner NGOs.
Continuing Professional Education Credits (CPE)
Successful completion of this workshop awards 23.4 CPE credits and a certificate of attendance. The course level is basic. The delivery method of this program is Group Live and the Field of Study is Specialized Knowledge.
Humentum is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors.
Humentum’s highly practical workshops always put the learner first. Our expert facilitators will draw on their own vast sector and subject-specific knowledge to ensure our learner experience is as worthwhile and enjoyable as possible. They will share relevant tools, techniques and insights that are immediately transferrable to your own work. You are also actively encouraged to engage in meaningful discussions, hands-on group work, and pose your own specific questions to further enhance your learning.
Download the full workshop description and program guide.
In-house client workshops
All of our courses may be offered as in-house client workshops. Please click here for more info