Humentum focuses on strengthening the operational and management capacity of NGOs. We help you make better-informed decisions, avoid costly mistakes, and contribute to the success of your organization’s mission.
Humentum benefits are comprehensive, and available to each and every staff member of an Humentum member organization.
Our offerings include:
Learning and Professional Development
- Receive worldwide, on-site workshop discounts – choose from 300 learning opportunities and immerse yourself in a range of topics from compliance to project management, international HR, proposal development, and much more. Special member pricing reflects a discount on the workshop fees.
- Learn in one week – in select hub cities, we offer a week of multiple learning events plus member events during our international Humentum Weeks. Take several courses in the same week to maximize your professional development opportunities.
- Choose an eLearning course, learn from your desk – and receive special member pricing on elearning course fees
- Become credentialed – get the right credential for your job:
- Humentum Certificate in USAID Assistance Management, a credential only offered here
- Project Management Certification - PMD Pro 1
- HR Certification Institute (HRCI)
- SHRM Certification (Society for Human Resource Management)
- CPE – Continuing Professional Education - credits through the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy
- Bring training to your organization – contract with us for on-location delivery of most topics offered in our open workshops. Learn more about in-house trainings. Note that we offer in-house training to non-members in the development community, too.
- Attend the Annual Conference – learn, share, and network with more than 1,000 member practitioners as well as industry experts at this members-only event.
Sharing, Collaborating, and Connecting
- Attend member convenings – from functional roundtables to senior leader forums, discuss issues and share solutions in a trusted environment of member peers. There is no cost to attend.
- Join an online, e-group discussion in your functional area –pose a question to members, contribute your knowledge and experience, and share resources in the online Member Community
- Network and learn at member reception and dinner events at our international Humentum Weeks
- Participate in a webinar – join members in relevant virtual knowledge sharing and discussions from the Connect the Information Dots series to on-demand trending topics of interest. See upcoming webinars.
- Search our members-only community resources – learn from past on-line discussion topics, search for tools, templates, and other resources; find other organizations by country, budget, focus, funder and/or staff size in the Member Directory (you will be prompted to login to the Member Community).
- Stay informed – sign up here to set your email subscriptions to receive all our communications.
Benchmarking and Insights
- Participate in our INGO sector-specific annual Salary and Benefits Surveys – sign up for the U.S. Headquarters Salary, Benefits, and Human Resources Policies Report (launches annually in September) and the U.S. Expats and Third Country National Salary, Allowances and Policies Report (launches annually in March) and find out how your organization’s practices compare. Learn more about Humentum surveys.
- Contribute to our biennial Software Survey – learn what systems and tools members are using in areas that fall under the broad categories of accounting, people management, project management, grants & contracts, document management, and enterprise system tools.
- Discover sector-level trends – find INGO sector-specific data to help you make better decisions and plan for the future. Our conversations with sector leaders as well as our targeted surveys have generated thought pieces on topics such as The Future of INGO Operations, The Role of the International COO, Unraveling the Overhead Myth, Leading Through Change, and The Organization of the Future.
- Take our spot polls – quick soundings give you timely information on trending topics such as annual salary increases, mobile money adoption, HR metrics, and more.
- Discover overhead trends – through our periodic indirect and operations cost survey that helps members benchmark their indirect cost rate with their peers in similar sized organizations.
Services and Products for Members
- Advertise your openings on Humentum’s Job Board – receive a 50% discount for most posting options, and advertise for openings in finance, grants & contracts, human resources, information technology, program, consultancies, internships & fellowships. Reach a worldwide audience of job seekers.
- Contract with us for compensation and benefits consulting – we make knowledgeable sector experts available to redesign your salary structure at HQ or local level, review competitiveness of executive compensation or global benefits and allowances, and more. Learn more about our consulting services.
- Find affordable health coverage for your international assignees – join our association health plan designed for smaller to mid-sized members for as few as one or as many as 25 international assignees. This program is brokered through Humentum Industry Partner Allegiant Global Partners.
- Find other solutions through Humentum Industry Partners – companies recommended by members offering products and services directly relevant to the operational and organizational needs of the INGO community, from audit to insurance to IT and more.