Keeping Your Donors Happy
Keeping Your Donors Happy
This workshop is available as an In-Person workshop.
This workshop is available in English, French, and Arabic.
This highly participatory workshop aims to build the confidence and skills of NGO staff who are new to managing institutional donor grants, to meet donors’ financial terms & conditions when implementing programs.
Our expert facilitators will take you through the four phases of grant management which include contract negotiation, implementation, reporting, and finally closing off the grant. At the end of the workshop, the learning will be consolidated, and all of the useful workshop tools, templates and tips will be shared with you to make use of in your own organization.
Please note: This workshop does not cover proposal writing, fundraising, or specific donor requirements.
What will you learn?
By the end of this workshop, learners will be able to:
- Describe the four phases in the grant management cycle
- Clarify key responsibilities and routines needed for successful grant management
- Describe the impact of foreign exchange on grant management
- Identify the requirements for closing off a donor grant
- Manage the relationship with donors, head office and implementing partners with greater confidence
- Appreciate that finance and program staff must work closely for successful grant management
Who should attend?
This workshop is designed for:
- NGO staff who are new to grant management
- Those responsible for managing donor funds where programs are implemented directly or through operational partners
This workshop is not suitable for:
- Experienced grant managers or those looking for detailed guidance on specific donor rules and regulations
If you’re still not sure if this workshop is right for you, feel free to contact us and we can help!
You might also be interested in…
As of 2019, Humentum has a new Donor Management workshop offering, available in either face-to-face or online format:
What’s unique about this workshop is that Humentum has taken it’s many years of experience with USAID and other donor work, and created a course which presents best practices which can be applied across all donors. You’ll get to learn all the basics in how to best manage all donor funding.
Continuing Professional Education Credits (CPE)
Continuing Professional Education Credits (CPEs) are not awarded at the end of this workshop.
Humentum’s highly practical workshops always put the learner first. Our expert facilitators will draw on their own vast sector and subject-specific knowledge to ensure our learner experience is as worthwhile and enjoyable as possible. They will share relevant tools, techniques and insights that are immediately transferrable to your own work. You are also actively encouraged to engage in meaningful discussions, hands-on group work, and pose your own specific questions to further enhance your learning.
In-house client workshops
All of our courses may be offered as in-house client workshops. Please click here for more info