Humentum is a global nonprofit/charity focused on advancing operational excellence for social good. We build the capacity of staff at international development and relief organizations to address the operational challenges they face while working toward their missions. Humentum was created from the merger of three well-established organizations: Mango, a UK-registered charity and social enterprise that specializes in financial management; InsideNGO, a Washington, DC-based member association of international non-governmental organizations; and LINGOs, a virtual not-for-profit capacity building organization specializing in eLearning. Learn more about us here: www.humentum.org
The Membership Manager is responsible for managing, enhancing and implementing membership recruitment, engagement, and retention efforts to meet organization objectives. This is a full-time position based in Washington, DC.
- Responsible for daily, routine communication with members and potential members
- Manages the recruitment and continual vetting of new members.
- Responsible for processing and onboarding new members which includes key contact collection, onboarding emails, and virtual or in-person meetings.
- Manages the annual membership renewal process and develops strategies to renew lapsed members.
- Manages YP volunteer program at the Annual Conference.
- Produces regular reports on member engagement in SalesForce.
- Serves as the main point of contact for the team regarding issues related to Salesforce and integration with Higher Logic and other platforms.
- Updates member data as needed in Salesforce in collaboration with other key staff.
- Collaborates with Marketing team on emails, flyers, website edits, and other membership marketing materials.
- Monitors and triage membership@ emails and takes phone calls.
- Provides support as needed to the convening team and attends roundtables and other events in Washington, DC and around the US.
- Collaborates with other teams to organize conferences, international weeks; occasional on-site support.
- Participates in organizational meetings and other special staff initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned consistent with the spirit and intent of the position.
Qualifications and Desired Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience;
- Experience with Salesforce or other Association Management System;
- Customer service background strongly preferred;
- Knowledge of the International NGO sector a plus.
Skills and Attributes
- Meticulous attention to detail – demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness, organized, monitors own work to ensure quality;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Solid multitasking and time management skills;
- Customer-oriented, positive attitude combined with patience in stressful situations;
- Independent problem-solving ability; and
- Excellent writing ability;
- Excellent presentation/representation skills;
- Commitment to a work environment that incorporates Humentum’s cultural values.
Humentum is an at-will employer in the District of Columbia. Employment regulations applying to the state and/or country of each employee’s job assignment apply. This position is:
- Based in Washington, DC
- A full-time exempt position