Humentum is a global nonprofit/charity focused on advancing operational excellence for social good. We build the capacity of staff at international development and relief organizations to address the operational challenges they face while working toward their missions. Humentum was created from the merger of three well-established organizations: Mango, a UK-registered charity and social enterprise that specializes in financial management; InsideNGO, a Washington, DC-based member association of international non-governmental organizations; and LINGOs, a virtual not-for-profit capacity building organization specializing in eLearning. Learn more about us here: www.humentum.org.
Reporting to the Marketing Manager, the Marketing Coordinator will provide support to Humentum’s overall marketing efforts, with a focus on digital marketing, content scheduling, and digital asset management. The Marketing Coordinator sits on the Learning & Product Development team but will also work closely with the Content & Storytelling Lead and Data Analyst on the Membership and Client Services Team. This is a full-time position.
- Create weekly email newsletters and assist in the creation of targeted emails in Silverpop IBM Watson email system; pull queries from Salesforce and create content for promotional emails
- Work with the Marketing Manager and the Content & Storytelling Lead on creating, maintaining, and delivering on a content schedule for marketing emails, newsletters, blogs, and social media
- Assist in curating content for the blog and internal/external outreach to potential writers; edit content for e-publishing, and occasionally write original content
- Create flyers for training, in-house workshops, and other events as needed
- Track analytics weekly on marketing emails through Silverpop; monthly social media insights and analytics
- Collect and archive all photos, videos, testimonials, and collateral materials Research and outreach to local advertising sources, contacts, societies and organizations about upcoming training opportunities
- Assist in data mining and updating consumer personas for marketing purposes
- Assist with preparation for our annual conference and other events as needed, and provide on-site support and social media
- Participate in organizational meetings and other special staff initiatives;
- Other duties as assigned consistent with the spirit and intent of the position.
Qualifications and Desired Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required; in communications, marketing, advertising, journalism, or a related field preferred
- Strong writing and communications skills
- 1-3 years of experience in digital communications, some nonprofit experience preferred but not required
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience with email marketing platforms, specifically Silverpop IBM Watson or similar CRM driven platform
- Experience with social media marketing and analytics
- Experience with Salesforce or other CRMs and Drupal or other CMS a plus
- Experience with Google Analytics a plus
Skills and Attributes
- Enthusiasm for marketing, analytics, writing, and research in a nonprofit environment
- Strong attention to detail – demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness, organized, monitors own work to ensure quality
- Excellent editing and writing skills
- Independent problem-solving ability; motivated learner
- Customer-oriented, positive attitude combined with ability to multitask and meet deadlines while juggling multiple priorities
- Excellent writing ability
- Excellent presentation/representation skills
This role is home based and part of a wider remote global team, you will need to work independently and as well as part of the team to achieve team-based targets.