Senior Manager Programs
At IntraHealth, we are a global team of creative, committed humanitarians on a mission. We are advocates, technologists, health workers, and communicators. Program officers, finance experts, and technical leaders. We are passionate and diverse. And we’re united in our belief that everyone everywhere should have the health care they need to thrive. That’s why we work every day to improve the performance of health workers around the world and strengthen the systems in which they work.
For almost 40 years in over 100 countries, IntraHealth has partnered with local communities to make sure health workers are present where they’re needed most, ready to do the job, connected to the technology they need, and safe to do their very best work.
Our programs are designed with a deep understanding of and appreciation for the context of human rights, gender equality and discrimination, economic empowerment, and changing populations. And the longstanding relationships we’ve built with government agencies, private-sector partners, and members of civil society make our efforts stronger and more effective.
Join us and together we can make lasting changes in global health—for all of us.
The Senior Technical Manager is a key member of the senior leadership team of the Coordination Unit, charged with all technical components of the OPCU scope of work. S/he will be based at the Coordination Unit in Dakar and liaise with country focal point teams and OP partners to ensure quality technical service is provided to countries as needed.
The Senior Technical Manager will manage the OP technical work to ensure that countries and donors within the Partnership live up their commitments and the Partnership reaches it goals in terms of additional users of modern contraception. This work includes developing and tracking a region-wide strategy to achieve additional user goals; identifying countries’ needs for technical assistance and providing direct (e.g., leading technical analyses) and indirect assistance (e.g., identifying funding mechanisms through which external parties may be hired) to countries and donors as they seek to fill those needs; tracking results and managing relationships around data; supporting exchanges between countries to implement high impact practices; and identifying how other OPCU staff (e.g., the Country Liaison Associates and the Senior External Relations Manager) may support the overall strategy in their deep engagements with specific stakeholders.
The Senior Technical Manager will be instrumental in the design, development, and management of OPCU action plans and will provide the technical and strategic leadership to stakeholders at every level of the implementation of CIPs in the countries. At the same time, the Senior Technical Manager will maintain a high-level focus across all nine countries rather than diving in too deeply in any one country. Instead, the Senior Technical Manager will advise the Director of OP how to assign country-specific tasks to the Country Liaison Associates in cases where he/she feel additional country-specific attention is required. Indeed, the OP Director will supervise the Country Liaison Associates, but the Senior Technical Manager will help shape and review their work.
- Oversee the implementation of CIPs in the nine OP countries
- Review workplans for a team of three Country Liaison Associates to ensure appropriate support for the implementation of CIPs
- Organize and lead coordination with the Civil Society Coalitions at both the country and regional levels to ensure their involvement and grounding in the OP movement and their contribution to reaching the OP’s overall goal
- Lead the data analysis and management to regularly inform the management team on progress towards the OP’s goal
- Assess countries’ financial and technical needs and resource appropriate responses and technical assistance
- Serve as the main contact for the technical implementing partners to coordinate resources to better respond to the country needs and avoid duplication of efforts
- Participate in the development and monitoring of the OPCU annual work plan and work closely with the Director to ensure that OPCU action plans are implemented and monitored on quarterly basis
- Represent the OPCU in in-country coordination meetings with the Ministry of Health and focal points and stakeholders to share and discuss progress, accomplishments, and challenges and to ensure common understanding of current as well as future strategic direction with guidance of the CIPs
- Monitor the planning, review and renewal of second generation CIPs
- Lead the development and implementation of OP focal points’ annual work plans
- Organize and develop the content of annual donor caravans and annual OP meetings
- Be the primary contact of key strategic partners’ (e.g., WAHO, FP2020, Track20, UNFPA, PMA2020) technical departments
- Assist the OPCU Director in overseeing reporting to OP donors
- Serve as Acting Director as appropriate and perform other duties as assigned by the OPCU Director
Vision and Technical Strategy
- Provide overall technical leadership and strategy for the technical areas as described in OPCU grants
- In collaboration with the Senior Advocacy and Exteral Relations Manager, support the implementation of the advocacy and communication strategies and needed policy reform initiatives at country and regional levels.
- Oversee improvements in coordination and harmonization at the country level
- Lead the identification and programming for effective implementation of high impact practices to drive the acceleration of interventions in the nine OP countries
- Provide effective support for countries to develop plans to scale-up high impact practices selected through their FPGoals models
- Lead the process for introducing “motion tracker” tools in OP countries to monitor implementation of commitments to the OP and FP2020
- Lead the development and implementation of strategies to increase sensitivity to gender equity and women empowerment and ensure that these concepts are integrated into the second generation of the CIPs
- Ensure effective representation of the OP in regional platforms (CSO, Youth Think Tank, Supplies, Youth ambassadors…) to address regional and country issues on FP
- Coordinate all partners’ Technical Advisors and their supporting staff in country and regionally
- Design and facilitate strategic convenings (e.g., meetings, workshops, conferences, etc.) to affect change
- Conduct thoughtful research around specific issues and design content that will push the OP agenda forward
- Produce written materials for OPCU activities in countries, including guidelines, policy memos, reports, and presentations
Education & Experience
- Master’s degree in Public Health, Social Sciences, International Development or related discipline
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant work experience, with significant expertise in policy issues
- Experience working in a position of leadership at the regional level
- Experience designing and implementing comprehensive and innovative professional development programs
- Experience leading and managing multiple, complex projects in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, and ambiguous settings
- Experience producing quality French and English communication products such as progress reports, case studies, and articles.
- Demonstrated interest in and understanding of SRHR, FP policies of West African countries, and national and regional health systems policy
- Strong knowledge of public health, RH, FP, MNCH, and data analysis
- Strong analytical mindset; able to deconstruct large, complex health policies into clear and actionable strategies and initiatives
- Inspiring leadership and relationship building; able to quickly build trust and credibility with both internal and external stakeholders
- Comfort managing up, down and sideways to achieve transformative outcomes
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, for a variety of audiences
- Demonstrated strategic agility, diplomacy, conflict management, team building, and interpersonal skills to ensure internal coherence among diverse team members and sub-partners, as well as external relations with the Ministry of Health, civil society, private sector and other stakeholders.
- Evidence of a strong commitment to Family Planning and Reproductive Health issues
- Fluent in written and spoken French and English
- Experience developing simple data presentations in Microsoft PowerPoint
- Innovation - Develops new, better or significantly different ideas, methods, solutions or initiatives within the role that result in improvement of IntraHealth's performance and ability to meet its objectives, results and global commitments.
- Accountability - Holds self and others accountable for all work activities, research and personal actions and decisions; follows through on commitments and focuses on those activities that have the greatest impact on meeting measurable high-quality results for IntraHealth's success. Exercises ethical practices, respectful words and behaviors, and equitable treatment of others in all activities.
- Service Excellence - Knowledge of and ability to put into action customer service concepts, processes and techniques to access internal and/or external client needs and expectations and meet or exceed those needs and expectations through providing excellent service directly or indirectly.
- Strategic Thinking - Applies organizational knowledge to identify and maintain focus on key success factors for IntraHealth while recognizing, anticipating and resolving organizational challenges. Ability to develop organization and industry-specific expertise and apply sound decision-making processes to reach productive resolutions that translates strategy into actionable business plans.
- Client Relationship Management - Knowledge and ability to determine and satisfy client needs (internally and externally) and maintain productive relationships during engagements, including by influencing, communicating, presenting, facilitating, and managing new relationships.
- Effective Communication (Oral and Written) - Understands effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; has the ability to effectively explain complex technical concepts in simple, clear language appropriate to the audience; and receive and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.
SUMMARY OF BENEFITS
IntraHealth International, Inc. is a great place to work and prides itself on its comprehensive benefits package. We offer competitive salaries and a dynamic inclusive work environment which supports health workers so they can improve the lives of people throughout the world.
IntraHealth International is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law, and requires affirmative action to ensure equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. This is also to include inquiry about, disclosing, or discussing their compensation or the compensation of other applicants or employees.
To apply and learn more about IntraHealth Careers @:
Learn more about “Who We Are” @: