Security and Compliance Administrator
We’re Population Services International (PSI), the world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization. We work to make it easier for people in the developing world to lead healthier lives and plan the families they desire by marketing affordable products and services that range from mosquito nets to contraceptives to HIV testing.
There are over 7,000 “PSI’ers” around the world. It’s a diverse group of entrepreneurs and professionals with an unusually wide range of backgrounds - from the medical industry to the music business - all with unique skills we bring to the job.
The IT Operations group solves problems and finds new opportunities to support PSI’s mission around the world. We provide expertise, guidance and support for enterprise applications, network infrastructure, business intelligence and software development. We contribute to the PSI mission by making sure our colleagues have access to the information, tools, and support they need wherever they may be.
PSI seeks a Security and Compliance Administrator (SCA) to work with teams responsible for implementation, maintenance and administration of PSI’s cloud information systems.
The SCA’s primary duties are to design and implement cloud information system security and compliance protocols to ensure PSI remains secure within a cloud-based IT infrastructure. The SCA will also drive institutional security awareness and contribute to the integration of industry best practices related to threat detection and mitigation into our core security and compliance functions.
The position requires significant technical expertise and excellent communication skills. A successful candidate will understand business problems, see opportunities and recommend solutions that enable the organization to achieve its goals. The Security and Compliance Administrator will report to the Manager, Cloud Information Systems.
Sound like you? Read on.
Security and Compliance
- Develop and implement protocols for risk management and Data Loss Prevention (DLP);
- Conduct and document system audits to identify and mitigate compliance risks and potential threats;
- Configure, assign and validate data encryption policies;
- Configure password management and multi-factor authentication protocols;
- Manage O365 users, groups and licenses;
- Administer mobile device application controls to ensure colleagues can work across devices in a secure environment;
- Administer third party threat detection and malware services, such as Webroot.
Training and communications
- Develop clear and concise training materials, videos and other communication tools to effectively drive institutional security awareness;
- Develop and maintain security and compliance information and resources for general PSI audiences on a centralized site;
- Conduct in-person trainings as needed.
The candidate we hire will embody PSI’s corporate values:
Measurement: You use hard evidence to make decisions and guide your work. You set clear goalposts in advance and explain clearly if you need to move them.
Pragmatism: You’ll strive to deliver the best possible result with the resources available. You won’t be paralyzed by a need to make things perfect.
Honesty: You own your mistakes and are open about your shortcomings – it’s the only way you’ll learn and improve.
Collaboration: You’ll quickly establish a mental map of whom you can rely on for what, on your team, at headquarters, and in our country offices – if you try to do it all yourself, you won’t succeed.
Trust: You accept limits to your sphere of control and give colleagues the benefit of the doubt
Commitment: You are in it for the long-haul and want to grow with the organization, just like PSI serves its consumers and partners with host-country governments through thick and thin
- You have a bachelor’s degree, or equivalent work experience;
- You have 2 or more years of experience working in information system security, network configuration, and support;
- You have direct experience managing, or being part of a team that has managed, small to medium sized SharePoint or Office 365 implementations;
- You are knowledgeable of the capacities and administrative functions of the O365 Security/Compliance and Azure AD Administration Centers;
- You have a Microsoft 365 Certified Security Administrator Associate certification, or equivalent experience securing user accounts, implementing role-based access controls, implementing authentication methods like multi-factor authentication, implementing identity protection policies and procedures, and more;
- You have CompTIA Network+ and CompTIA Security+ certifications or equivalent experience;
- You know how to test software updates and upgrades;
- You have experience implementing disaster recovery and back-up procedures;
- You also have the essentials, like interpersonal, written and oral communication skills, excellent organizational and multitasking capabilities and strong analytical/problem solving skills;
- Fluency in English is required, French or Spanish is a plus.
- References will be required.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States. PSI will not consider work visa sponsorship and relocation expenses will not be covered for this position.
- The successful candidate will be required to pass a background check.
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of actual or perceived race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, matriculation, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions or breastfeeding, genetic information, amnesty, veteran, special disabled veteran or uniform service member status or employment status.