Human Resources Business Partner - International Development
Imagine what you can do at Land O’Lakes. Our growth relies on extraordinary talent and boundless thinkers who are always looking for a better way and believe anything is possible. Like you, innovation and technology drive us.
At Land O’Lakes, you will also be part of a community with creative doers and dreamers, who want to make a difference. We work together combining our global perspective and direct access to the source to create practical, new solutions to meet agriculture’s toughest challenges.
Join the team at any Land O’Lakes location or with one of our retail-owners and you’ll sense the optimism, honesty and innovation that goes into everything we do. Together, we strive to feed human progress.
The Human Resources (HR) Business Partner for International Development leads the development, implementation and delivery of human resource initiatives and practices across the domestic, expat, third-country national and local employees in two US based offices and multiple (ten currently) international field offices at Land O’Lakes International Development. The Human Resources Business Partner serves as advisor and counsel to maximize staffing resources, performance and ensure efficiency of work processes. This position also stays aware and connected to the INGO community and LOL Corporate HR to help the organization identify and apply the latest professional practice that is suited to the needs of public donor-funded development projects. While this position links closely to LOL Corporate HR, it brings specific expertise and perspective to project-based, donor-funded projects in developing countries worldwide. The regional focus areas for this position will be Africa, Asia and Eurasia
- Defines country-specific talent acquisition strategies for proposals and projects in partnership with Business Development and Program Teams
- Provides oversight to talent acquisition efforts for proposal, project and HQ employees to ensure integrity of hiring/selection processes and compliance with Land O’Lakes policies and procedures
- Oversees the process of developing and maintaining the roster of international experts for projects and proposals
- Serves as main point of contact for talent acquisition related activities for project start-ups. Coordinates with start-up HR representatives and project leadership to finalize organizational charts and required paperwork to enable HQ HR representative enter positions into Workday efficiently
- In collaboration with HQ compensation team, leads analysis of country-specific salary data and develops salary scales for Host Country Nationals on proposals and projects. Provides guidance on salary scales to New Business Development teams and/or project leadership.
- Researches country-specific mandatory and customary benefits, drafts country profiles for benefits and allowances, and develops global compensation packages
- Collaborates with the local labor counsel to vet country-specific employment agreement templates and draft employee handbooks to ensure compliance with local labor law, LOL’s Field Operating Manual and policies
- Works closely with senior management to develop policies and procedures, ensuring legal and regulatory compliance for headquarters and country offices
- Provides advice and counsel to managers and employees in appropriate resolution of employee relations matters; Recommends remedies to address performance management (i.e. corrective actions, terminations) issues
- Collaborates with project leadership to develop business strategies and negotiate the best health insurance, provident fund, pension plan and/or other similar programs for project staff
- Manages relationships with various HR vendors such as LinkedIn, Devex, Avature, Birches Group, as needed
- Collaborates on a variety of special projects, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum ten years of HR work experience
- Minimum of 5 years progressively responsible HR experience in international setting, with a minimum of 1 year of experience managing people;
- Minimum of 5 years of NGO or contractor project or Federal government industry experience;
- Minimum of 3 years full cycle talent acquisition management leadership experience with development project;
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Suite; Proficiency in Applicant Tracking Systems;
- Master’s degree in Human Resources, Sociology, Psychology, Public/Business Administration or related area;
- Professional Certification (PHR, SPHR, GPHR, SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP);
- Professional-level verbal and writing capacity a foreign language in addition to English, especially French, Portuguese, Arabic.
Land O'Lakes, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/Vets/Disabled. The company maintains a drug-free workforce, including pre- and post-employment substance abuse testing pursuant to a Drug and Alcohol Policy.
Neither Land O’Lakes, nor its search firms, will ever contact you and ask for confidential information over the phone or in email. If you receive a call or email like this, please do not provide the information being requested.
If you need to submit a reasonable accommodation request to complete the employment application process, please call the HR Solution Center at 844-LOL HR4U (844-565-4748) M-F 8:00am-4:30pm CT. Please also use this number for any other questions.