EngenderHealth’s vision is a world where sexual and reproductive health rights are respected as human rights, and women and girls have the freedom to reach their full potential. To achieve transformational change leading to true social and economic progress, EngenderHealth partners with diverse organizations across sectors with the shared goals of highlighting women’s value to sustainable development.
As the sole in-house graphic design resource, the Designer will have the creative vision that will shape EngenderHealth’s visual identity; serve as the lead designer for everything from reports, to posters, to social media graphics, to brochures; and maintain brand guideline compliance across the organization. The successful candidate will have a proven track record of delivering visual content that helps advance programmatic, business development, fundraising, and outreach goals
Please see Job Description
- Must possess the following requirements with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Associate degree in graphic design, communications design, or related field. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 6 years of relevant experience required; 8+ years preferred.
- Design visually compelling products that effectively communicate EngenderHealth’s mission and story.
- Continuously improve the visual elements of our storytelling.
- Design donor reports; annual reports; posters; proposals; PowerPoint presentations; templates; fundraising materials; graphics for email, web, video production, social media; infographics; brochures; curricula; signage; conference materials, and more.
- Build and maintain a library of photos approved for usage.
- Maintain integrity to brand standards in design across the organization, including ensuring fidelity to brand marks/logos.
- Proven expertise in print and digital design techniques, including layout, typography, color, illustration.
- Ability to transform data into easily-digested visuals.
- Passion for compelling visual storytelling.
- Experience successfully managing vendors.
ESSENTIAL SOFT SKILLS:
- Advance knowledge of the Adobe Creative suite, including InDesign, Acrobat, Photoshop, and Illustrator. Advance knowledge of the MS Word and PowerPoint. Prezi experience preferred.
- Keeps up with current design methodologies and trends.
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and dynamic workloads.
- Manage external design support firms and consultants.
- Excellent project management and organizational skills.
PREFERRED SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND FUNCTIONS:
- Experience in nonprofit sector, reproductive health/family planning, women’s rights, human rights, global health, international development preferred.
- Photography, videography, and animation experience a plus.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person(s) assigned to this job. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Employees can be asked to do other comparable duties as assigned.
EngenderHealth provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment, without regard to race, creed, ancestry, citizenship, religion, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, political belief, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic violence, marital status, disability or any other protected characteristic or status under applicable federal, state and local laws.
EngenderHealth complies with applicable federal, state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in the United States in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.