Accounts Payable Specialist
Reporting to the Director of Finance, the Accounts Payable (AP) Specialist processes accounts payable. The AP Specialist will handle daily processing of invoices, expense reports and check requests into the accounting system ensuring proper coding and documentation. Emphasis within this fast-paced, high volume accounting department is on accuracy, expediency, efficiency and quality customer service.
- Properly code invoices, check requests and expense reports in accordance with supporting documentation
- Identify, investigate and resolve discrepancies
- Accurately enter and process payment requests into Microsoft Dynamics SL
- Assist with check runs, processing of electronic payments and issuance of prepaid cards
- Assist with processing of credit card transactions and reconciliations
- Assist with the annual 1099 process
- Assist with filing
- Clearly communicate with non-finance staff as needed
- Contribute to departmental goals and efficiency
- Other duties and special projects as assigned
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting, Finance, or related fields
- 5 years of experience in accounts payable in a non-profit organization with annual disbursements of >$35 million
- Microsoft Dynamics experience required
- Experience with Federal funding required
- System oriented with experience in identifying process improvement opportunities
- Any equivalent combination of training, education, and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the essential functions of the position
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Analytical skills to retain and apply accounting policy daily while prioritizing a work load of 150+ invoices per week
- Attention to detail and strong work ethic required, as well as exceptionally strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to communicate effectively (verbally and in writing) while providing exemplary customer service
- Ability to work in a fast-past, high volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness
- Microsoft Office (Excel/Word/Outlook
- 1099-Miscellaneous experience
Physical Effort and Dexterity
Visual Acuity, Hearing, and Speaking
Excellent verbal and written command of the English language.
Environment and Scheduling
- Interest in working with an international not-for-profit professional exchange organization
- Interest in working within a diverse work environment
This position is classified FLSA non-exempt.
Employer’s Statement and Rights
This position posting does not list all the duties of the job. If an offer is made, you will be presented with a detailed job description. Applicants will be evaluated based upon their demonstrated ability to perform the tasks listed above, and their education and experience. The employer has the right to revise this posting at any time. Neither this posting nor the job description is a contract for employment. Meridian is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Qualified candidates should apply by e-mail only to HR@meridian.org. Subject line should read “AP Specialist” only and a cover letter, with salary expectations, and resume should be attached. Only candidates being considered for this position will be contacted. Submissions which do not follow the above instructions will not be considered as applicants. NO PHONE CALLS in reference to this position will be accepted.