IATI Data Publishing
IATI Data Publishing
This is an online flex course. Read more about that style of learning below!
More and more donors are requiring their funded partners to publish data to the International Aid Transparency Initiative (IATI). Bringing together Bond’s expertise in IATI and Humentum’s experience in online learning, this 2-week online course supports you to publish to the IATI data standard.
Recruiting for grants managers is always a challenge because it is difficult to truly assess the candidates’ depth of technical knowledge around a wide array of complex issues. The Humentum Certificate in Assistance Management allows organizations to more easily identify and select candidates who will provide the expertise they need.
Stephanie Schlipper, Transparency and Operations Manager
The Flex approach to learning:
- Learn online and completely in your own time.
- Learn through engaging videos, assignments, and structured reading.
- Interact and learn with other participants and a facilitator in a virtual and social learning environment.
- Earn points for various tasks completed, including watching videos, completing assignments, leaving comments and interacting with others.
- The more tasks you complete, the more points you’ll earn. And the quicker you earn these points, the sooner you’ll complete the course.
To successfully complete the course within 2 weeks, we recommend that you dedicate at least four hours per week.
Who is it for?
The course is highly relevant if you’re coordinating or managing the IATI publishing in your organization, or looking to enhance transparency or meet donor requirements for either grants or contracts.
What you will learn
By the end of the workshop, you will be able to:
- Explain what IATI is
- Use the IATI data standard to share information on your funding and projects/programmes
- Understand how and why others use the data, including donors (donor requirements) and partner organisations
- Create an example IATI dataset using commonly used, free software such as AidStream
The course covers:
- What is the IATI data standard and how is it used?
- How to publish IATI data using supported data platforms e.g. AidStream
- The importance of gathering project, finance and results data to publish to the IATI data standard
- How donor requirements can help you produce good quality data
- Managing risk and sharing sensitive data
Participants will receive a certificate of competence on completion of the course.