Humentum was formed in July 2017 following the merger of three leading nonprofits in the development sector: Humentum, LINGOs, and Mango. Humentum combines all three organizations' complementary areas of expertise, particularly in lerning, capacity building, and essential operations capabilities. As we move forward to a completely integrated website in 2018, we are pleased to provide you with a selection of resources to help you excel at work. In addition, Humentum members can tap into the knowledge of their peers, anytime, on Humentum Connect, where we link you to both public and member-exclusive resources.
Featured report: Leading Successful Change Amidst a Disruptive INGO Environment
Published in July 2017 by Conner Advisory, this report examines six key dimensions of change execution that leaders of international NGOs must address in order to successfully implement their organization's strategic response. Download the report here.
Reports from Humentum partners:
Essential Principles of Staff Care outlines the principles, objectives, and practices that you need to support the resilience and psychological health of humanitarian and development personnel around the world. This guide is brought to you by the Konterra Group, with support from DisasterReady.org and Humentum.
The World of Aid is Changing: Understanding Unique Challenges and Duty of Care Best Practices for NGOs An employer’s Duty of Care is the obligation to take practical steps to safeguard their employees against any reasonably foreseeable dangers in the workplace. In 2015, industry partner International SOS published this report with assistance from Humentum and the International Safety and Security Association. The report is a comparison of Duty of Care metrics and analytics with the Global Travel Risk Management Benchmarking Study.
Resources from LINGOs:
- PMD Pro Starter by LINGOs is a mobile project management toolkit of 15 tools to extend access to professional project management techniques to small national and local NGOs.
- Setting L&D Priorities: This seven-page guide will help you define, identify, and plan for your learning and development priorities.
- The Learning Champion: This helpful resource tells you everything you need to know to introduce Learning Champions into your organization and includes a helpful case study highlighting LINGOs member Samaritan's Purse.
Resources from Mango:
- Mango’s Top Tips resources library features a wealth of free resources on everything from grant management, to fraud, to foreign exchange risk – and much more.
- Mango's Guide to Financial Management for NGOs provides practical advice and tools to those working with NGOs, to help strengthen financial management and to plan and use their money well. It is based on a real understanding of what NGOs do, from Mango's extensive experience of working with NGOs, large and small, around the world.
- Recruitment Resources: Explore Mango's useful advice and top tips for writing your CV and preparing yourself to interview. These resources are available in English and Spanish and can be easily downloaded for quick reference.
Humentum conducts a variety of surveys each year to help our members benchmark their work. Learn more about our surveys here.
- Telecom4Good is a nonprofit telecom company helps NGOs reduce their direct overhead costs associated with the research, negotiation, procurement, and management of their Internet services globally as well as negotiated discounts on Meraki equipment.
- Disaster Ready.org an open online learning community developed in collaboration with leading aid agencies and humanitarian experts, DisasterReady.org’s more than 600 training resources are available for free to aid workers and volunteers anywhere, anytime and covers core topics such as Humanitarian Essentials, Technical Sectors and Program Support, Protection, Staff Care, Management and Leadership, Staff Safety and Security, and Soft Skills.
In addition to the resources you see here, Humentum members can find more on Humentum Connect. Search by resource topic or type for important background information, essential resources, and helpful links on the topics you care about - all in one place.