The ideas and approaches in this section of the Guide in many ways challenge how NGOs currently work and relate to key stakeholders, and how we measure and monitor ‘effectiveness’.
This section of the Guide is based on research by Mango’s founder, Alex Jacobs.
It is in three parts:
1. What is the problem with the current approach?
- Helping people is difficult
- Why results based management doesn’t work
2. Principles for a new approach
- Foundations for effective fieldwork
- Two Golden rules
3. What is the way forward?
- A new management agenda
- Implications for NGO financial management systems
- Implications for grant makers