Mango's Accounting pack is a simple accounting system based on Excel spreadsheets with a comprehensive user guide.
Based on extensive field experience, the system has been specifically designed for small to medium sized NGO offices. We have tried to make it as practical as possible. It is flexible and straightforward and free.
Thank you!!! I cannot tell you how many times I wished I could find a financial system that was tailor-made for NGOs and that came with a guidebook that helps a non-financial expert understand the terminology, how the system actually works, and a step by step guide for getting the system set up. Mango's Accounting system is a real dream come true!
David Emery, International Director, Bareebo Organization, Cambodia.
- Excel based
- Follow step by step instructions in the comprehensive User Guide
- Create your own accounts list and codes
- Enter your budget
- Enter cash and bank transactions in ready-to-use cashbooks
- Add more cash or bank accounts as needed
- Track different currencies
- Use registers to record information about floats, loans, assets and commitments
- Use standard format documents in processing transactions (eg Payment Vouchers)
- Detect and correct errors with the data integrity checks in every sheet
- Create monthly summary reports comparing actual against budget
Be aware that:
- Mango's Accounting pack is not a full double entry accounting package
- To get the most out of the pack, users need to be quite proficient in Excel
Click this page of the Guide for some useful Tips on using Excel to do accounts.
Download it here:
Click on each link to download the System.
- Mango User Guide and Procedures (322kb PDF document) - Start here!
- Mango Accounting System (153 kb) - The spreadsheets that the system uses
- Mango Forms (203 kb) - Standard finance forms to support transactions
- Mango Registers (68 kb) - Supplementary accounting records
- Example Accounts Codes (25 kb) - An example list of accounts codes
- Model data (143 kb) - An example of the spreadsheets in use
It is best to right click on the link above and choose the 'Save target as ...' option. This allows you to copy files straight on to your computer.
Support our work!
We provide these free resources to help charities and NGOs all round the world. Please consider making Mango a donation of £5 in return for downloading them. It will make an important difference to Mango, helping us continue our work. Giving on-line is safe and easy using our secure service-provider. Please donate here.