Fighting Fraud in NGOs
Fighting Fraud in NGOs
Be aware. Be ready. Be in control. Be at Fighting Fraud.
This workshop is available in English and Spanish.
This workshop is also available as an eWorkshop.
Defense begins with knowledge, tools, resources. We provide them all; and help you build the battle plan in “fighting fraud in NGOs” a workshop built on experience, realism and accountability
This highly participatory workshop builds the skills and confidence of NGO staff to prevent fraud before it happens, detect fraud when it does, and manage incidences effectively.
Our expert facilitators will begin with examining what fraud is (and what it isn’t) and explain the motivations for why even good people commit fraud.
You might also be interested in…
Fighting Fraud & Bribery in NGOs, available as a face-to-face In-house workshop.
What will you learn?
By the end of this workshop, learners will be able to:
- Describe the five elements of a holistic Anti-Fraud framework
- Identify the required content of key anti-fraud policies and processes
- Assess fraud risk in your programs, and develop controls to respond to the risks
- Set up and provide guidance for a Fraud Response Team in your organization
- Effectively manage incidences of fraud, or allegations of fraud, taking actions which are appropriate, fair and firm
Who should attend?
This workshop is designed for:
- NGO staff whose job is to proactively manage the risk of fraud, such as program operations, and finance managers
- Independent auditors or CPAs who perform compliance or financial audits within the development sector
- This workshop is most relevant to NGOs with more than 12-15 staff, or an annual budget greater than USD 350,000.
If you’re still not sure if this workshop is right for you, feel free to contact us and we can help!
Humentum’s Finance for NGO Leaders Learning Pathway
The Finance for NGO Leaders learning pathway is a comprehensive learning pathway specifically for leaders of NGOs across the globe who want to get a comprehensive overview of how their finance function should operate.
Start this learning pathway today and grow your and your organization’s confidence in Financial Management.:
The two other workshops that form the Finance for NGO Leaders Learning Pathway are:
- Planning for Financial Sustainability
- Full Cost Recovery Essentials
Continuing Professional Education Credits (CPE)
Successful completion of this workshop awards 15.6 CPE credits and a certificate of attendance. The course level is basic. The delivery method of this program is Group Live and the Field of Study is Specialized Knowledge.
Humentum is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors.
Humentum’s highly practical workshops always put the learner first. Our expert facilitators will draw on their own vast sector and subject-specific knowledge to ensure our learner experience is as worthwhile and enjoyable as possible. They will share relevant tools, techniques and insights that are immediately transferrable to your own work. You are also actively encouraged to engage in meaningful discussions, hands-on group work, and pose your own specific questions to further enhance your learning.
Download the full course description and agenda.
In-house client workshops
All of our courses may be offered as in-house client workshops. Please click here for more info