This workshop is available in the following formats
- English face to face
- English eWorkshop
In this highly participatory workshop, our expert facilitators will introduce you to the key skills you need to write effective project and donor budgets.
During the workshop, you will create a set of project budgets and come away with practical skills that you can apply at your organization. At the end of the workshop, we will consolidate and share a useful summary of all recommended budgeting tools and techniques.
You will return to work recognizing why it is critical to prepare accurate, complete and justified budgets for effective program management. You will also understand the importance of program and finance teams working together in building and managing budgets.
What will you learn?
By the end of this workshop, learners will be able to:
- Complete an accurate, complete and justified project budget – using the activity-based budgeting technique
- Structure budgets in different donor formats to accompany funding proposals
- Create phased budgets for program implementation
- Describe how the Chart of Accounts is used in budgeting and budget management
- Use a funding grid to manage multiple-donor funded programs.
- Identify at least 10 different types of budget and 3 different approaches to setting budgets
Who should attend?
This workshop is designed for:
- Anyone in the not-for-profit sector with responsibility for building or implementing project, program or organization-wide budgets.
Previous budgeting experience is useful, but not required for this introductory-level workshop. If you’re still not sure if this workshop is right for you, feel free to contact us and we can help!
Humentum’s Master Budgeting Learning Pathway
Humentum’s Master Budgeting learning pathway is a two-step pathway designed for learners who need to oversee, plan implement or deal with budgets day-to-day. This two-workshop pathway will help you refresh (and become master of) those budgeting skills required across the social sector and international development work.
Both workshops in this learning pathway are available to take online.
The second workshop that forms the Master Budgeting Learning Pathway is:
- Budget Monitoring Essentials eWorkshop
Alternative Financial Management Workshops
Humentum has a wide range of Financial Management workshops which available both online and in person:
- Financial Management for Development Professionals (PMD Pro I)
- Financial Management for USAID Funding
- Planning for Financial Sustainability eWorkshop
Continuing Professional Education Credits (CPE)
Continuing Professional Education Credits (CPEs) are not awarded at the end of this workshop.
Humentum’s highly practical workshops always put the learner first. Our expert facilitators will draw on their own vast sector and subject-specific knowledge to ensure our learner experience is as worthwhile and enjoyable as possible. They will share relevant tools, techniques and insights that are immediately transferrable to your own work. You are also actively encouraged to engage in meaningful discussions, hands-on group work, and pose your own specific questions to further enhance your learning.
In-house client workshops
All of our courses may be offered as in-house client workshops. Please click here for more info