Volunteer at OpEx DC 2019
Looking for ways to attend the 2019 Annual Conference on a budget? Want to give back to your colleagues and community?
Volunteers help make OpEx DC 2019 a success by assisting with on-site session logistics, social media, wayfinding, set-up/clean up, and registration. Our Conference is a great way to connect with people in our sector and learn about the hot topics challenging NGOs/INGOs today. Volunteers must be available July 10 - 12, 2019. We look forward to receiving your application!
Who should volunteer?
Young professionals who are current employees at an Humentum member organization. Volunteers should be based locally, as we cannot offer financial support to volunteers for travel, accommodations, food, or other arrangements, and are unable to provide visa support for international applicants.
Volunteer roles and opportunities:
- Helping Humentum staff with pre-conference or conference set-up and activities
- Greeting conference attendees and directing traffic between sessions
- Providing on-site support and customer service to attendees
- Registration support at the conference
- Loading PowerPoint presentations, preparing the room for each session, and troubleshooting technical and logistical issues as they arise
- Taking notes, keeping time, running microphones, and collecting evaluations in sessions
- Writing of blog posts or other follow up resources of selected sessions
- Helping the communications team onsite with photo and video assistance and social media
- Other miscellaneous support as needed
- Enjoying full access to the Conference’s sessions, networking opportunities, and roundtables