Practical information and presentation tips to make your session a success!
Thank you for sharing your time and expertise at this year’s OpEx East Africa Conference. It is contributions like yours that make this such a valuable event for our participants. Our goal is to make your experience presenting as stress-free as possible. Explore the links and videos below to learn about how to navigate the conference and for some easy tips to make your session as engaging and learner-centric as possible.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
While you are not required to use our branded slidedeck, we do ask that you do use Humentum’s branded slides for the first (presentation slide layout) and last (end slide layout) slides. Download PowerPoint template.
Send the original files so we may insert headers/footers, and the handout cover. Please do not send PDF’s. We will convert all materials that are provided to attendees to PDF before sharing.
If you are not able to submit your presentation in advance of the event, please let us know as soon as possible.
Please note this deadline: submit session PowerPoints and handouts (or Session Plan if you don’t have handouts or PowerPoint) by May 11th. Send via email attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A series of videos designed to help your session be a success!
- A brief introduction to Humentum's video series for conference presenters
- Here's how Humentum presenters develop and deliver engaging, meaningful, and useful sessions
- An overview of the types of sessions typically conducted at Humentum conferences and tips to be successful
- Lee-Ann Regan walks you through what not to do when facilitating a webinar or online meeting
- Don't forget to check out the OpEx Africa Conferencing tools. From Zoom to polling and breakout rooms, this guide is a must
- Here are some virtual facilitation best practices to ensure your session goes to plan.
- Learn from the Train Like A Champion learning blog - how to Stay on Track as you develop your session
- This blog offers seven tips for holding those webinars you're dreading
One final tip: don’t forget to save time at the end of your session to allow attendees to fill out a session survey and to reflect on what they will do differently in their work.